Monday, December 21, 2009

Lazy weekends...

For the past few days, I have spent most of my time at home with this little monkey! Daddy has been working a lot of overtime so Gage and I have been home alone. I can remember a time in my life (actually, my entire life until Gage was born) I would have been extremely angry to have been at home for 2 days without leaving the house. I was such a busy body and sitting at home simply wasn't up my alley, and the thought of nothing to do would have put me in a deep depression. These days, however, things are completely different. The fact that we had nothing to was music to my ears, and I loved the fact that we didn't have to get ready to go all weekend long. I mean...I LOVED IT!
It seems like overnight, Gage decided to start getting into EVERYTHING! Last week, I could somewhat keep him contained in one room. He would sit in the living room and play with his toys for hours without even making a peep. This week, he won't stay in the living room for 5 minutes without getting into something he isn't supposed to. I have a feeling my hands are going to be full with this child ;)
As much as we enjoyed being in the house all weekend with nothing to do, it was nice to get out today. Michael took Gage to Bridget's this morning so I could start getting the house ready for Christmas. We are having some family over and the house looked like a tornado had passed through. I spent the day cleaning house, washing clothes, running errands, etc. Thank Goodness all that is finished and we are ready for the Holidays at last!

No comments: