Friday, January 6, 2012

Christmas...Part 3

Since I was a tiny girl (my parents divorced when I was 2 and I'm guessing it started then), I have always spent Christmas Eve with my Mom's side of the family. My grandparents come over to my Mom's, we eat some lunch, and open gifts with my Mom. It is always a fun time and such a special time to me. I've always  loved it! This year, Mom and Gage opened a gift a little early. I was so anxious for my Mom to open what we got her, that I couldn't sleep the night before. Let's just say...she loved it!
We got there around 9, ate a small breakfast and enjoyed each other's company for a few hours until my Grandparents made it there. When they arrived, we opened our gifts and ate the chili my Mom had made for lunch. As Gage opened his gifts from his MeMe, he acted as if every single one was just what had always wanted and they probably were. Here he is opening his Lincoln Logs. I remember my brother having these as a kid and loving them so there was no doubt Gage would too. And let me just tell you about this "bullrider backpack". He acted as if she had given him a ton of Gold!
Every year, MeMe gets Gage a couple Hallmark ornaments to put on his tree and a Hallmark recordable book. This year one of his ornaments was none other than "I-Story", AKA Toy Story. He was so excited when he opened it, but not really sure why we wouldn't let him play with it. One day he will understand...maybe! He was so amazed that his book had MeMe's voice in it. I guess this was the first year he was actually able to notice! 
Christmas Eve was just as much fun as I've always rememebered it being. We finished the afternoon off with a good nap and headed to Uncle Tony's. 

Stay tuned for Part 4...

No comments: