Friday, January 8, 2010

What a mess...

I can remember-before having Gage-I would go into people's homes who had kids thinking "good grief this kid has toys everywhere". I never thought it was a bad thing, but I was pretty sure my house would never look like Toys R Us has exploded in my living room. Well...guess what? I think Toys R Us exploded in my living room!
I'm sure you remember in one of my previous posts where I talked about how much Gage loves this train. I'm pretty sure it isn't the train that has him so intrigued, though. It is the $2 set of blocks that came with the $50 train. Isn't it funny how kids don't have time for expensive things, but give them something cheap and they will play with it for hours? Bad thing is, at about 13 (or younger) all that changes ;) I can't tell you how many times a day I watch this little hand pick up all 26 blocks and throw them all over the living room floor. I wish I could tell you that when it is time to start learning the alphabet, all 26 blocks will still be there, but I can't! I'm pretty sure we have lost some already and we've only had the silly things for 2 weeks ;) All joking aside...we found this at Wal-Mart when we were looking for Gage's Christmas gifts and I thought it was the neatest thing. It has blocks with each letter of the alphabet and on the back it has an object that starts with that letter. When you put the block in the train, it tells what the letter on the block is and says what starts with that letter. Although Gage gets tons of use out of the blocks now, I really think he will love it for a long time. It is also a riding toy and you can take the trailer off and push the train! If you kids don't have it...I suggest it! They would love to!!!

1 comment:

Eric and Leslie Warford said...

O-M-G!! Toys in the living room???? ;) Jk!!!!! Tell that sweet boy that Tilly said thanks for letting her play with his awesome train!!