Sunday, January 3, 2010

First of the year, firsts...

Wow! I realize it is only the 3rd day of the year, but it has already been an eventful one for us! I think Gage is afraid his first birthday is going to be here before he gets all his "firsts" out of the way ;) The day before Christmas, we started noticing that you could barely feel a little tooth starting to come in. We were starting to think Gage may never get teeth! Just kidding about that, but I have been wondering where they were. A couple of days ago, it finally poked all the way through. Sorry about the lovely mouth full of food, but this is the only way I could get a picture of that little guy. Gage keeps him hidden from us unless he is eating.
Last weekend Little Man had a terrible runny nose, a nasty cough, and an oozing eye that wouldn't go away. On Tuesday, I took him to the doctor to see what in the world was going on with the poor guy. To be honest, I didn't think it was anything other than the nasty Arkansas weather causing all this, but I would have felt pretty silly if I'd have been wrong so I took him in. Turns out he has another ear infection and is on another anti-biotic for 10 days. Isn't this a sad little face? Even though he didn't feel well, he was still pretty chipper! I'm so blessed to have such a sweet baby. I just love these Paul Frank "jammies"! I thought maybe they would make him feel better if he wore them ;) I decided that before I start back on my diet, I would make one last batch of homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies! I took them out of the oven. Walked out of the room to do some laundry. Came back in the kitchen, and this is what I found. You got it...Daddy and Gage had already demolished half the cookies! I couldn't help but take a picture of Gage eating his first cookie! (Mom-I realize you give him cookies when I'm not looking, but I'm pretending I don't know ;)) I decided that since I can't seem to keep Gage out of stuff, I had better rearrange all the cabinets so that he wouldn't get his hands on anything dangerous. I cleaned out one of the bottom drawers and put all of his "tupperware" in it. I'm pretty sure he thinks he isn't supposed to be in there which is why he loves it so much! Mom called this morning asking if I wanted to go to the movies with her. I haven't been to the movies in forever, so I couldn't pass up the offer. I debated for hours about taking Gage with us and finally decided I would keep Daddy on stand-by and go for it. I was pretty nervous about how he would act, but I felt sure the movies wouldn't be terribly packed on Sunday afternoon. WRONG!!! We went to see It's Complicated and I'm not sure there weren't many empty seats. The movie was great and Gage was great...until the last 5 minutes. He slept for about an hour and when he woke up, he decided he would turn around and try to talk to everyone behind us. Needless to say, I had to take him out! I was still really proud of him for being so good! I'm leaving you with one last picture for the night. Kyleman bought Gage this dancing tower for Christmas and HE LOVES IT! The little bear on top dances in circles and keeps him entertained for quite a while! I just love that little smile!!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Ok so I have decided when I come get the excersaucer from you, I want to come by your house when Gage is there. I haven't seen him in months, and I am missing him! We have that same sit and stand dancing bear toy. It was actually the girls first Christmas toy ever last year for their first Christmas. We still have it and love it. It does so many neat things.