Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Handsome little man...

Recently when Michael and I have taken Gage out in public, we have had several people tell us what a cute little girl we have. Yes...girl! Now, never have I ever dressed Gage in anything even remotely girly. He doesn't have earrings (hopefully never will), and he is always dressed in boy colors. I never really think too much of it, but Michael always "gets his panties in a bunch" over it. It absolutely crushes him that Gage's sweet little curls remind people of a girl. And to be perfectly honest, there is nothing that drives me more crazy than little boys having hair that is long enough to put in a ponytail. I don't know, maybe I'm a little old-fashioned. Anyway...tonight was the big night. The one I haven't been looking forward to that couldn't get here fast enough for Daddy. I have never been one of those to have some crazy attachment to hair, but I really thought I would have a hard time cutting Gage's, in fear that it wouldn't grow back curly. His MeMe assured me that it would, so we went ahead with it!

Here he is before. You see, he was sort of getting the Bozo the clown look! As much as I hate to say it, it was getting pretty ridiculous!

I wasn't sure how this First Haircut thing would go at first. I never do them (unless they are for a REALLY good friend) because I am always so worried I will cut the poor kid. Kids aren't good at sitting still anyway, and certainly not when you are messing with their head. We thought maybe Daddy could hold him while I cut. WRONG. He wasn't having it and I almost gave up before we even got started!

MeMe took over-cookie in hand-and everything went better from there. I think he thought things were too serious when his Daddy had him.

He fought me for just a minute, but only until I let him have my comb ;)

All in all, I thought he did GREAT! He didn't cry. He didn't try to jump out of the chair. AND...I didn't cut him! Here we are after all the action took place!

And finally...an after shot! Isn't he the most handsome little man you have ever seen?

Later tonight, we both got in the bath and I put some finishing touches on the cut! I am so thrilled with how it turned out and even more thrilled at how he handled it all!

Gage, you made me a very proud Mommy today! I love you buddy!!!

No comments: