Thursday, May 21, 2009

Tour of Homes-Week 4

This week is "Dining Room" week on Kelly's Tour of Homes. I am so excited because even though our dining room is hardly ever used, I still love it!

This is the view of our Dining Room from the living area. I love the turquoise daisies in the vase! I got them at Hobby Lobby forever ago and I still love them! My Mom gave Michael and I this dining set when we moved into our house! She had it for a while and got a new one, but it looks brand new!

This picture is on one of the walls in the room. It's a drawing of my family's farm and it means so much to me! My family has lived there since the early 1900's and we love it there. It is such a beautiful place. Michael and I got married there last year! The farm has been recently put on the market to be sold, and we are all going to miss it terribly!

When my Mom gave us the dining set, she also gave us all the dishes that are in it! They are red depression glass, and match my decor perfectly!

I hope you enjoyed my tour! Come back next week for a peek into a different room!

6 comments:

tiarastantrums said...

great moldings and I adore your floor

Sar(Mrs.Teddy) said...

Beautiful home! the colorus are great & I agree those dishes are perfect! Thanks for sharing!

Tara G. said...

Love the pop of blue on the table! My mom has tons of the Ruby Red dishes.

KIMBERLY said...

such a lovely dining room! i love all the special pieces from family and especially the RED walls! i love color! thanks for sharing!

Courtney said...

Beautiful. I love the dishes!

Chelsa said...

love it!!!