Monday, August 5, 2013

Weekend fun...

Between the chaos of every day life, my store and Michael's work, it seems like the weekends are already all planned out before the even get here. I have never been a home body, but I would be lying if I said I didn't want more of it lately. This weekend was the first weekend in a while that we have had NOTHING to do. I had all my shipping done by Friday afternoon. Michael didn't have to work, and we had no ballgames, rodeos or parties to go to! It was nice...REALLY NICE!!
Friday night, my kids stayed the night at MeMe's. They think that is just part of their weekly routine. Stay at home with Mom on Monday, school Tuesday-Thursday, stay home again on Friday and go to MeMe's on Friday night. That's their idea of a good weekend. Who wouldn't?
Typically when they come home from MeMe's, they have something extra in tow. Usually a HUGE toy that we have to find a place for. I know, I know, this is what MeMe's are for, right? This weekend was no different. The came home with an 8' Slip N' Slide and more energy than I knew what to do with. SO...we played outside! Gage loved it!!
I'm not sure how little kids do what they do, to their bodies. If I ran as fast as I could and jumped down on my belly, I would be crippled for life. No possible way I would make it through the fall without breaking something. I just don't understand it. He probably did this 100 times and never complained of anything hurting. Must be nice!
Emerson, on the other hand, was not as impressed. If you know my Em, you know that she is a bit of a Miss Priss. Ok, maybe a LOT of a Miss Priss. She sat at the end of the slide and watched most of the time. She doesn't like her face to get wet and she certainly doesn't want water splashed all over her. She is definitely my child ;)
She's such a sweet girl!
I hope your weekend was as full of fun as ours was! I look forward to many more free weekends in the future. Hopefully sooner than later!
Photobucket

No comments: