Monday, August 5, 2013

Monday Funday!!

Today, I spent the day with this little turkey. We spend every Monday and Friday together, but today was a little different. I had to take Em to the doctor this morning, so Gage went to work with his Daddy for an hour or so. When I was finished with the doctor, I picked him up and was very adamant that we eat lunch with Daddy.

After lunch, I learned that Gage earned $5 for working with his Daddy. For me, this meant nothing except a trip to Wal-Mart. UGH! I despise that place. I'm not sure how, but that $5 paycheck trip ended up costing me an extra $35. We HAD to get a movie and a new baby doll for Sissy. Normally I would have said no, but I have to be honest. I was SO proud of him for thinking of his sister! I know, I'm a sucker!

After the Wal-Mart trip, we went to have yogurt at the Lemon Tree. How could I have said no to that? Sucker again, right? I just couldn't say no to this sweet face!
We had such a good day together and I'm so BLESSED to have the extra time to spend with my little man!

On another note, I saw on Jennifer's blog today that she asked her kids how she could be a better Mom. I thought their answers were so funny, so I decided to ask Gage. I was a little afraid of what he would say, but I asked anyway. This is what he said...
#1 Get a new job, because he gets tired of the "bow store". HA!
#2 Get a new house. Not sure how that would help, unless he's trying to imply that this one is a lost cause ;)
#3 Be a little nicer. Apparently I'm nice "sometimes, but not all of the time". He told me, "there are way too many rules around here. I just want to act like a bull". Ha!  Excuse me son, but I couldn't tell my rules were affecting that!

So glad I did this! I needed that laugh today!

Photobucket

No comments: