Monday, July 6, 2009

4 months and a few randoms...

Papaw (my Dad) came over one night last week to cook dinner for us. He is single, and he likes to cook, so he cooks for us! WE LOVE IT! For some reason, Gage is usually afraid of him (maybe the glasses or the cap), but that day...he loved him! Here they are playing and talking to eachother!

Kristi let us borrow the girls' exersaucer for a while until Gage grows out of it. He has been in it several times at her house, but we didn't have one at home. He loves playing in it for a few minutes, but he wears out pretty quick. At this point in time, he was having fun with it! Speaking of Kristi, last week was Gage's last week of staying with her. She has been so good to us, and so sweet to Gage. We are going to miss her and her little munchkins so much :( It seems like I just started getting attatched to them about the time we were going to stop seeing them everyday. I am going to try to make a point to see them often so they don't forget us. They are the sweetest little girls I've ever seen!

We went to the doctor today for Gage's 4 month shots and well child check-up. He did so good with the shots, and only cried for a minute. He hates it when the hold his legs where he can't move them. I think maybe if they wouldn't do that, he wouldn't even cry. He weighs 18 lbs 6 oz (95%), and he is 27 inches long (97%). Needless to say, he's a big boy! Dr. Nolan told us to start giving him one kind of baby food a week until he eats one of everything. This way we will know if he has any allergies to any foods. Tonight we started on Applesauce. Here he is waiting on his dinner...

and here he is eating his dinner! It had to be the cutest thing ever! Every time I pulled the spoon away from his mouth, he screamed. You would think I was hurnting him. I'm pretty sure he loves Applesaucce!

Gage is starting to develop such a cute little personality. He laughs all the time and smiles at everyone he sees. Michael is quite a character himself, but a little bashful. Gage is not bashful all...yet! I have never in my life met a stranger. I'm thinking maybe he's a little mixture of both of us, personality wise! He is for sure, a Momma's Boy. He likes to play with other people, but he doesn't want me out of his sight. I'm not complaining...I wouldn't have it any other way! Although I am so excited about each new phase in Gage's life, I am so saddened by the fact that he isn't going to be a baby for much longer. I guess he will always be "Momma's Baby" though!

One last thing...I need ADVICE! We have been using Dr. Brown's bottles since Gage was about 3 weeks old for colic. He is now past the Colic stage, so I have been looking for some new bootles that aren't such a pain. The Dr. Brown's work well, but it takes about 30 minutes to wash the bottles every night. They never look or feel clean and I am annoyed with them. The problem is, we thicken his formula with cereal, and I can't find another bottle that works well with cereal. I have tried just about every bottle out there and I haven't found one yet. I've even tried cutting slits in the nipple, but that doesn't work either. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would stick with the Dr. Brown's..Yeah they are a pain in the butt, but you can actually put them in the dishwasher it wont hurt the bottle or gage's tummy! That was the advice my dr gave us!! Good Luck!

Amy