Monday, January 26, 2009

Prenatal Class!

Michael and I went to our last prenatal class tonight! It wasn't really at all what I expected, but it went well anyway! We watched a video of an actual childbirth and I'm not so sure Michael knew what to think. He just kept saying "Oh no"! I thought he was a trooper though. Hopefully he will be when the time actually comes!

I have started having some mild contractions these last couple of days. They are nothing terrible, and for the most part, they don't hurt at all. They have been pretty uncomfortable though. I asked our instructor about them tonight and she said that it probably means Gage is trying to get himself ready to make his appearance in the next few weeks. I only have about 5 1/2 weeks until my due date, so she is probably right! I guess we will see here pretty soon! I got all of his bags packed last night, and I am going to start working on getting mine packed within the next couple of days. I am absolutely paranoid about not being prepared for the hospital when the time comes to head that direction. I guess it is a good thing we don't live far from the hospital in case I forget something ;)

3 comments:

The Allens said...

I am the same way about being prepared for the hospital. We live really close, too, so I keep reminding myself that Jory could run home if he needed to!

Kristi said...

Don't freak out about packing your bags. You don't really need as much as you think. All you really need for him is a blanket, and maybe 2 outfits. The hospital provides the diapers, and formula, bottles and they give him a hat when he is born. They also provide a passy, but if you have a specific kind you want him to use then take one of those. As for you, you will get up a shower so you will need shampoo and soap, but you will just want a few comfy outfits. You will be in one of the awesome backless gowns until you shower after delivery. I would take flip flops though to wear in the shower. Just relax, it doesn't have to be a huge suitcase full of stuff for either of you! Plus the less you take the less you have to unpack!

Jill said...

Hi anna! Thank you for the sweet comment! Jennifer and I both LOVE to read your blog!! I know you are so ready to meet Gage! I can't wait to see pictures of him! I love all the cute clothes you have from him! He will be one stylish little boy! Don't you just love mary and gary? I miss them so much! They became like family to me! Well, keep us updated! It's getting close!!