Sunday, July 21, 2013

Gage's 4th Birthday

On February 27th, Gage turned 4 years old. It's hard to believe it has been that long since he came into our lives. If you know Gage at all, you know that he is COWBOY TO THE CORE! That being said, it should come as no surprise that we celebrated his birthday at his Junior Rodeo. During the Winter, we had them a couple weekends a month and one of them happened to fall on his birthday.

We celebrated the special occasion with Sam's Club cupcakes...YUMMO!!! If you haven't had them, they're a MUST!!
Gage blew out his candle and opened some gifts just in time to ride his sheep!
I'm sure some of you are thinking this is CRAZY! I grew up in the Rodeo scene. It has always been a part of my life. I have always hoped that one of my children would love it, but honestly, I never dreamed sheep riding would be in my future. But...this life is known to throw a curveball or two.  I want you all to know that I don't love it that much. It makes me a nervous wreck EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. But, Gage loves it, so I guess I'll just keep pretending I do. He's bound to grow out this crazy sport, right?

Gage's best buds ride sheep as well. These three are as thick as thieves during rodeo season. They're each others biggest fans!

When they are finished with their ride, they always compare "sheep fur". They compare the amount of wool they pull from the sheep during their ride. I'm not sure why they decided to do this, but...they do! I think this was Gage's favorite birthday "gift". He got a ton of wool stuck in his new spur that day!

Happy Birthday, Gager Man!! We love you more than you'll ever know!!

Photobucket

No comments: