Wednesday, May 5, 2010

WALKING: POST 3

For a couple of months now, Gage has been taking a few steps here and there. It started before his first birthday and really didn't progress very quickly (or much at all). To be honest, when he turned 14 months old and wasn't walking yet, I really started to worry about him. I didn't mention it to anyone, but I was worried. He would kick one leg out to the side and it caused him to fall every time.
Every Wednesday night, we go to my cousin's house to eat dinner. There are always 10 or 12 people there and Gage loves to play with all of them. Well, last week while we were there, Gage decided he would start walking to everyone instead of crawling to them. As thrilled as I was, something still didn't seem right to me. That leg just wouldn't stay straight. The next morning, he woke up. Took a step. Then several more. And he hasn't stopped since. I guess there was nothing wrong after all! THANK GOODNESS! What a blessing it is to have such a healthy baby big boy!
The moral of this story...Gage is WALKING!!! Way to go, Brother!!

No comments: