Saturday, March 28, 2009

Time flies...

As bad as I hate to say it, my little man is already a month old. I can't believe how fast this past month has flown by. When I found out I was pregnant, I knew life was about to change, but I never imagined it would change this much. The past month has been the most challenging, yet rewarding time ever. When Gage was about a week old, we were having some trouble with his bottles and I called my mom almost in tears because I couldn't figure out what in the world we could do to fix Gage's gas issues. We talked for a little while and when I was letting her off the phone she said to me "Sis, just remember, everything with a baby is trial and error. You're doing a great job, and I am very proud of you". It meant so much to me for my mom to say that to me, and it turns out, she was exactly right. It seems like every time I think we have things going our way, something else happens and I'm sure it will be this way for the rest of our lives.

Before Gage was born, just like most men, Michael had never changed a diaper, never chaged a baby's clothes, never fed a baby, nothing! The first night Gage was born, Daddy had to be "broken in". He changed his first poopy diaper, and as it turned out, his first poopy clothes, and I'm not sure he has taken a break since. He is such a wonderful Daddy, and so sweet to Gage and I. We are so lucky to have him, and I thank God for him every day! We love you Daddy!!

Overall Gage has been a wonderful baby, and I am so thankful! He is such a blessing in our lives and I can't ever imagine life withough him! Mommy and Daddy love you Angel!!!



One more thing, if you have an iphone and a baby, you should definitly download "Baby Log" from the App Store. We have Gage on an eating schedule and I kept messing up on his feeding times, so I bought this app. It is wonderful! Check it out!!

No comments: