Tuesday, March 24, 2009

This is a tough one...

On Sunday night, I lost someone very dear to me, my Granny Lou. She has been very sick for a couple of years now, and on Sunday she went to Heaven to be with Papa. When I was born her and Papa babysat me during the day until my parents would get off work and come pick me up. When I was only a couple years old they decided Granny had spoiled me entirely too much and I should probably go to daycare with other children...I'm sure I was not just spoiled, I was ROTTEN! It seems like only yesterday I would spend the Summer with her and my cousin, Kyle. I'll never forget all the stories she would tell us or the many dinners she cooked us - I'm pretty sure we ate macaroni and cheese every day! Whatever we asked for, that's what we got! The three of us would sit at the kitchen table and color in our coloring books and she would tell us stories from what she would call "the old days". She would sit on her patio while we played in the yard and she when we'd get too far away, she would say "Now, you birds get back where I can see you". Telling this story always makes me laugh because as long as I can remember Granny couldn't see a thing. She wore the thickest bifocals you have ever seen, and still couldn't see. I'll never know how she did what she did! Kyle and I thought Granny was the smartest lady in the world and we worshiped her every move...we still do! Before she passed away, she met her Great Great Grandson, which is more than most people will ever experience. Although she was only able to meet Gage one time, it was obvious how much she loved him. That day was one of the best days of my life, and one I will NEVER forget. She was such a wonderful lady, and I can promise, there will never be another like her! Words cannot express how much I will miss her! I can't wait to see you again Granny Lou!

This is Granny, Kyle, Sunny and I on Christmas in 2007. The only picture of Granny Lou and her Grandchildren.

This was when I took Gage to meet her. Can't you see how much she loved him?

Granny, Gage, and I...I love this picture!

3 comments:

The Allens said...

My heart hurts for you. I am so glad she met Gage.

Lindsey Kindy said...

she is so cute kissing that baby gage. let me know if you guys need anything... we are praying for your family! xoxo

Katie said...

OH, what a precious post! Your granny sounds like such a good one! :o) I just love that picture of her kissing Baby's hand! I'm sure you do, too. :o)