Saturday, November 1, 2008

Deer Season Sadness!

I don't know how the rest of you feel, but I absolutely hate deer season. I dread the thought of it all year long, and when it gets here, I dread it even more. Everytime Michael leaves I cry my eyes out wishing he would just stay home for ONE weekend. God forbid him miss a day of hunting! This morning he left to go to the deerwoods to "set up camp", and of course...here come the tears! He can't hunt this weekend because it is Youth Hunt, so why does he even feel the need to go? Who knows! I would do anything to be one of those women who loves to be home alone, but I'm just NOT! As a matter of fact...I hate it!! My mom keeps telling me that one of these days I will love it when he leaves, but it for the last 3 deer seasons, it has been terrible! I'm just a complete bawlbag!! HA!! I will be so happy when deer season is finally over!!!!

2 comments:

The Allens said...

I hate it when my husband leaves, too. I am blessed, though, he only goes opening weekend. We're in Texas, and opening weekend is the first weekend of November. He left last night and will be home tomorrow night. I miss him, but he has a good time and it's important to him. The worst part for me is that I can't sleep when he's gone! The worst part for him is that I don't eat when he's gone - you know, if I'm not cooking for someone else why bother? So, it's probably good for both of us that he limits deer season to one weekend. He also does one weekend during dove.

Kristi said...

I am so with you, I use to cry too, but now I just whine and gripe. I said the same thing, it is youth hunt weekend why don't you stay home with you baby girls and your wife but no he found a boy to take hunting. They just don't get it. They probably don't even think about us missing them and being lonely while they are gone. I understand how you feel!